Why Cheezus? That seems like something that would be an important place to start. Cheezus was born out of a love of cheese and a desire to learn more about, not just cheese, but what goes with it and to learn new cheese that might tickle our taste buds.
Yet, it’s more than that; with COVID many producers of cheese lost a key customer, hospitality, and with that reaching new customers is a big need. With the Cheezus app we aim to bring producers and suppliers in front of new customers through various opportunities in the app.
We are currently self funded and in our pre seed stage. With v1.06 of our app on both iOS and Android, we are currently building out our above new ways to support producers and businesses, while trying to grow our database of cheeses, improve our machine learning cheese recognition algorithms and onboard new users.
This is a part time opportunity, for someone who has startup experience and is passionate about this space and venture and looking to be a part of the founding team early on.
You can be based anywhere in the world, this is not an issue, and this role is currently a sweat equity position, so as stated you have to have a passion for building the vivino of cheese.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for marketing strategy, social media marketing and content, as well as ensuring we make data driven decisions based on our marketing data. They will collaborate with the CEO to make decisions regarding company’s marketing strategy and operations. The candidate will possess a strong background in online marketing, and ideally from a cheese industry background.
- Create and execute marketing strategy
- Report on marketing initiatives
- Work with business partners to create usage reports through Google Analytics
- Drive the evolution of our brand positioning
- Deepen relationships with key partners
- Create and own the go-to-market (GTM) strategy for new products & features
- Experience in the cheese space very much preferred
- Experience in social media marketing
- Experience in Brand management
- Experience in online marketing
- Experience in developing marketing strategies
- Experience in Google Analytics and other current marketing technologies
- 3-5 years’ of marketing experience
- Startup experience